Wednesday, October 3, 2007

work

Well I need to be working more in the studio and shooting. I met with Laura today and spoke with Deb last week both were helpful. I have been in a limbo asking a lot of questions and not finding answers, it's time to get back to the work. I continue to think about place and my sense of place where am I in this world. I plan to put myself more into my imagery work on exercises and explore maps or mapping in. Where do I travel what are the images I see on my way to work how can I further push the images I have been creating?
My life and the changes that have occurred over the past year and half keep coming into my thoughts and they are starting to translate into my work. I struggle with too much of a literal representation but I need to explore some of these ideas before I know if they will work.
A balance is necessary and I need to be putting even more emphasis to my shooting and work right now. I finally feel like the balance I need between teaching and grad school are happening. I'm excited for the challenges and well as this unknown that I am currently in this state of questioning in my work is exciting to me.

No comments: