Saturday, October 20, 2007


Experimenting with pairs and series today in the studio. I have been using a large plastic white board to attach my cut up contact sheets to have a space to view images together off my table. This seems to be working and gives me a place to look and come back to about the work I want to separate or put together. While I continue to think and look at maps in my studio and then to this white board of images it gives me a sense of navigation through my work. Going back to navigating through my life and also ideas of exploration as I visually document what I see daily.
Today I was again questioning how some pieces are coming together, I am working to push beyond simply the aesthetic and make connections to myself and place. Also thinking about the contrast in images from city to nature. This idea of visiting nature was something Oliver brought up in one of my critiques during the residency. On the weekends it could be considered this idea of visiting nature to hike and rock climb.... Is it still visiting when it's part of life?

No comments: