Wednesday, October 10, 2007














I'm excited about new work and the ideas I'm working with around mapping. Spent the evening watching more of Art 21 Season 2, I had watched Season 1 a couple weeks ago. I have enjoyed both listening and watching other artists create and discuss their work. Seeing them thinking and questioning is helpful in my own work and questioning of myself. Headed to the library tomorrow to get some new books for research, then more shooting.
While driving home tonight I kept thinking about this mapping project I am working on and the differences I can push with this work. An everyday sense of place and travel and what is my own personal place. This space that I now call home. I plan to cut up the contact sheets I printed today of last weeks shooting to begin exploring how this new work will come together and translate. Excitement around this new flow of energy and where mapping can possibly take my work. Exploring different types of maps can those fit in with the visual images?
While I photograph the landscape I am also photographing myself within my own space and spaces I travel in.
I had taken some books out by Seamus Heaney as a suggestion from Deb, to find words to help influence my imagery. I may revisit his work I am interested on still considering how phrases and words can influence the space or memory of what I am photographing.

No comments: