Tuesday, July 31, 2007

shows













Well for the past couple of days I have been resting from having my wisdom teeth out and working on my reading. I spent some time scanning negatives in the other day and printed out some contact sheets. I like some of the images, I need to start making some larger prints. Yesterday I liked the light in my apartment so I set up my medium format camera to take some pictures. Here is a new image from the shooting I have been doing.
Last Friday I went to the Mills Gallery which I had not been to before and saw photographs by Oscar Palacio it was a small exhibit but I enjoyed his large landscape images. There was another show (un)building which had a mix of work I was most interested in the photographs and small scale sculptures by Sally Moore. This week I plan to see a lot of shows that are ending in August. The MFA, ICA, The Joseph Cornell show, The DeCordova and The Griffin Museum, it's going to be a busy week. Then I'm headed to northern Michigan for 10 days where I plan to do a lot of shooting and reading. I'm excited about my new work I think things will be even better when I make some prints. I'm working on getting a new printer for my studio space at the moment.

No comments: