Thursday, July 5, 2007

next on the check list

I'm so excited I just sent in my mentor paperwork today so there is one thing that is complete. I am working on compiling my thoughts and all the great information I got at the residency so I can type my first paper. I leave tonight for Colorado and I'm so excited to do some shooting out there. Now I'm moving on to starting some reading and looking for lectures and more shows to see. My advisor told me to see a show of Oscar Palacio's work at the BCA so I'm planning to do that when I return. I saw Coe had put a link to the Joyce Tenneson lecture at the Griffin museum on July 12th so I am also planning to attend that.
It's exciting to start getting things organized and making new work! I have so many thoughts filling my head about why I want to photograph people. I think I've decided to try photographing myself for now and continuing to photograph the landscape while I explore and answers questions for myself. I also want to explore my printing process papers and the type of prints I will be making this semester.
Why photograph people or myself?
Why the landscape and texture?
What am I trying to say with my series/diptychs?
Is there a narrative in my work? How can I explore and push that further through my work?
What is my sense of place/location?
I plan on trying to answer these questions this semester through my work.

No comments: