Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Just getting started

Well after a few days of much needed sleep I finally feel ready to go back through everything I got out of this first residency. The experience was amazing and I'm so excited to begin reading and making new work. I also need to go through my ideas, answer questions for myself about my making and practice.
I want to continue photographing the landscape and thinking about texture and light. While incorporating a narrative or series. I would like to photograph people again or myself and I keep asking myself why the past couple of days. I haven't gotten to that answer but I hope some shooting will help sort that out.
I have been working on finding an artist mentor I emailed three artists on Saturday and heard back from Laura Blacklow first, she is interested in being my mentor. Which I'm very excited about!
I leave for Colorado on Thursday and I can't wait to photograph out there I just bought more film for my Holga camera. I will hopefully touch base with Patrick.

No comments: