Thursday, July 19, 2007

Joyce Tenneson Lecture 7/12

I went to the Joyce Tenneson lecture at the Griffin Museum last Thursday. I was a little late so I missed the very beginning of her talk or so I thought I had just missed some of the earlier slides to music of her work. The rest of the talk consisted of a PowerPoint to music and then a long and interesting question and answer period. I have always found her work to be interesting and looked at it in undergraduate when I was photographing the female form. This was the first time I have heard her talk and she spoke a lot about herself and what she had been through which was interesting. However, it made me think back to discussions in the residency about thesis and talking about "when I was 5...." Overall it was interesting I would like to go back to look at the work more thoroughly as some things had been moved for the lecture.

I am looking forward to visiting some more shows in the next week. I am currently working on my first paper and thinking a lot about my work. I have been photographing a lot and I look forward to printing some work out and beginning to make connections. Last night I had a dream about my work and it was very different, I was setting small scale images up in my studio. Interesting since I have thought about that but I'm not sure that's where my work is headed right now.

No comments: