Saturday, August 4, 2007

one more to go

Well the past week has been busy but I've almost completed my goal one more museum to go. Thursday I met Alison and Melissa and saw a few galleries on Newbury street, many are closed for August good to know. Some interesting work and some not that interesting. That evening I went to the ICA to see the Philip-Lorca diCorcia show which was larger than I expected. I enjoyed seeing all that work especially the portraits capturing people on the street; where the background disappears allowing you to focus right in on the person. I was also interested in his experimental narrative sequence a Storybook Life.
Continuing on my journey to visit shows that will end soon or while I'm away. I visited the DeCordova Museum to see there Annual Exhibition coming into the space and seeing Sandra Allen's enormous drawing of a tree was incredible, the detail it was so beautiful. I was attracted to the large prints by Sarah Amos and I look forward to doing more research on her work. The kinetic sculptures by Anne Lilly were very impressive just watching the smooth movement of each piece was amazing. I decided I had some more time so I was off to Winchester to the Griffin Museum. I wanted to spend a little more time looking at Joyce Tenneson's photographs since I didn't see all of them after the lecture.
This morning I went up to the Peabody Essex Museum which is a wonderful space, I had never been to that museum. The Joseph Cornell show was amazing and worth the visit. I spent the majority of my time there at that show looking through all his images and boxes.
Monday I'm off to the MFA to see the Hopper exhibit the last on my list before I leave on Tuesday.

No comments: