Monday, November 19, 2007

Sometimes I can't believe where time goes..or my time for that matter I try to plan everything out so well. I had open studios this past weekend which went well and I was able to sell some work. I have a bunch of maps hung up in my studio and it was interesting to see the way people were drawn to them. I'm still thinking about maps a lot and trying to push how to further incorporate them into my work and make it not so obvious. Looking forward to picking up some new negatives this week and I need to shoot more! I'm not going home for thanksgiving so I will have more time to spend in the studio which will be great.
Got some new books and spent time going through some other books I had last week from the library. Aaron Siskind's images on Place where interesting for me to see his close up work again something I touch on in my own work and did more of before. I'm continuing to work on series of images from my travel, path, home. I also want to photograph myself more I am excited about where these pairings can go. I just keep plugging away. Got an email from Laura today with some images which was exciting, one of them from Dan Eldon's book which I have so I'm going to look through that tonight.

No comments: