Sunday, August 19, 2007

getting there

I'm back from Michigan it was a great trip, lots of photographing and relaxing. My family had a service for my grandfather and it was wonderful to have some closure after he passed away in January. While I was there I was thinking more about my work for this semester and my idea of place. What is my sense of place? and how do I photograph that? Even if I do photograph my personal sense of place how does the viewer determine that? How does the viewer know that it has to do about my ideas of place? Does that matter? I feel that's an important idea to keep in mind. Something that was discussed in critiques during my first residency that the work should be able to speak for itself.
Perhaps what I need to consider more is my story. What am I trying to say I seem to be using the landscape so far. I'm hoping to start making some prints. I just ordered a new lap top and an Epson printer for my space.

No comments: