Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to reality...I am settling back in after my family vacation to South Africa. The two week trip was amazing and now I find myself readjusting back just before I start work again. Leaving the country was exactly what I needed due to the many changes that have been happening in my personal life in the past month. Now with some perspective I feel somewhat renewed and ready to get back to work. I shot a lot before leaving on my trip and now it's time to get into the studio and do some printing before my mentor meeting this week. I am also working away on my Critical Theory paper. Being in South Africa and seeing townships was an eyeopening experience and also pertinent to my current thoughts around home. While I still feel uncertain about some of my ideas I hope to have clarity soon from printing more of what I have shot. It's going to be a busy week since I will be transitioning back into work but I'm ready for the challenge.

1 comment:

Janice Lois said...

Two weeks…. It's a long time for family vacation trip, hope you have enjoyed the time.