Monday, April 7, 2008

Above image: Moyra Davey's work

Can't believe my last post was 2 weeks ago work has been so busy since returning from vacation. I am hosting a large art show at my school which has been occupying a lot of time. Anyway still plugging along with grad work.
Met with Jesseca my mentor at the end of my vacation and had a good meeting with her. We discussed my newer work in which I have been hanging multiple images on the wall next to each other. Working with size of the images and dealing with both my interior and exterior space. Using imagery of both has allowed me to make a more personal connection to my sense of place. I have still been working and looking at maps but I feel they are becoming more of just an influence than using them in my work. I went to visit Coe at Fitchburg and was able to make some larger prints which was great they change the layout of the work and I can't wait to make some more with new images I have been shooting. Other than my work I find I have been looking a lot I have a ton of books out from the library. I went to part of a symposium at Harvard on Saturday about the Moyra Davey show at the Fogg. There were some very interesting speakers and I enjoyed getting to see the show a second time. I also visited the landscape show at the PRC.
I'm looking forward to a visit to NYC this weekend for some gallery and museum visits. I will also be visiting both family houses which will give me an opportunity to photograph at both places. With the work I am currently doing I feel I have been focusing more on my current home but it should be helpful to do some shooting in my old homes, the ones my parents still reside in.

No comments: