Sunday, May 15, 2011

In a funk

As I work on this new body of work exploring the changes and differences between Boston and Denver, I feel as though I have hit a wall. I was feeling so inspired after SPE and I have been doing more research which has helped and frustrated me.

My voice needs to come through more in the work which is something I have heard before. So what is my voice is what I'm working on now. My focus has been around my change in environment and space, naturally I moved to a totally different part of the country than where I had been. But as I read more and consider landscape photography, I have to also acknowledge changes within photography and how much the landscape has already been documented. How do I make the work my own?

I consider changes in our technology, iPhone, Tumblr, Facebook, the list goes on. I considered this more after reading the article On (Digital) Photography: Sontag, 34 Years Later http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/08/magazine/mag-08Riff-t.html
I recently purchased an iPhone and I find myself documenting with that a lot and posting images to Tumblr, I think about it as another way to be thinking about the space that I occupy. However, it also makes me consider that I need to change the focus of my project? More to consider but the research and reading has been great!

No comments: