Saturday, February 6, 2010

I find each time I post it's been a little bit longer since the last one. In this new year I would like to be posting more and using this as a place to work out ideas and really start making new work. A lot has been happening some major changes in my life will be occurring soon. A very sad event happened my wonderful friend Dave Poole passed away before new years. This was sudden, shocking, and very upsetting. I am still saddened by his loss and going through a range of emotions...he left this life too soon. But as his brother said at his memorial "We have to remember the good times with Dave he was an amazing person."

While I have not been making new work I am still applying to shows and going to see new work. The other night I went the 2010 DeCordova Biennial opening, it was packed! The place to be and last night hit up First Friday on Harrison ave with some grad school friends. I'm hoping to see the show Domesticated: Modern Dioramas of Our New Natural History. Photographs by Amy Stein at the Harvard Museum of Natural History this weekend as well.

No comments: