Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It’s hard to believe this semester is almost over and I’m approaching my 4th residency. Exciting that 2008 is almost over it’s been a lot of ups and downs this year and I’m looking forward to a new year. While I am excited about the direction my work has taken I feel a sense of anxiety at the same time. I look forward to having more opinions about the work and seeing where it can go next for the thesis. This week I am immersing myself in the studio and Critical Theory reading. While I was home for the holidays I was able to make two trips into Manhattan to see some shows. Of course I made an extensive list of work to see and didn’t get to everything but there is always after the residency. I was able to visit the International Center for Photography, the Guggenheim, The Whitney, The Museum of Art and Design and the The Frick which I had not been to. I was excited to see the Frick more for the space it’s intriguing to me this space which used to be a home and is now a museum. Similar to the Isabella Stewart Gardner these homes are so ornate. I want to revisit my artist statement and review my thesis outline more.

No comments: