Sunday, May 18, 2008

I am having some more large prints made of my image this week, which I am very excited about. I continue to work with size and think about the format and display of my work. I have also been working with materials and mounting smaller images of my childhood home and placing them in a box. I see those images as something that is movable but is still important to the project and ideas I am discussing about home. My struggle has been what kind of box the images go into as well as what they are mounted onto. I have been using balsa wood which is flexible and thin giving some physical weight to the images and making them almost like old postcards. I just painted clear and white gesso on the back of the wood to see how that changes the feel of the images. I spoke with Jesseca in my last meeting about different mounting possibilities maybe aluminum which I need to further explore or gator board which is like foam core just a little stiffer. There is something however about the thinness of the balsa wood that I really enjoy. I am looking forward to showing this work at the residency as it is a change from last semester. Well lots to do before June and everything seems to be crazy, it will all get done though!

No comments: