Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's been a week and half since the residency ended and it seems like it was a long time ago. Work has been insane since coming back from the residency. I plan on spending this weekend going through all my notes and compiling my thoughts for my first paper. I have been working on processing all the ideas from critiques there was a lot of great information floating in my head! Thinking a lot about my last critique of the residency with Oscar Palacio he had great recommendations and questions for my to tackle. I know I just need to start making work again to push through where I am currently, what am I trying to say about my sense of place? I am looking forward to taking more risks this semester in my work I'm just not sure what those are yet. Lot's of things to think about....

1 comment:

Kevin G. said...

Hi Samantha,
I found your blog through Liz's and was happily surprised to learn you're working with maps! That's something that's on the forefront of my mind for this semester as well, looking at maps from where I lived as a child. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

By the way, as someone who lives in upstate NY, your sharpie map of the Finger Lakes was instantly recognizable! :)

-Kevin